Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Groundhog's Day

I am very tardy on this post, but I am finally starting to feel like myself today after a week of the flu.  We have been very busy at school trying to sanitize things and keep things clean too!  Last week we did some great things for Groundhog's Day:
First we read A Garden for the Groundhog, and talked about how we wait to see the groundhog's prediction for an early spring or longer winter.  I have some templates of little groundhogs from The Mailbox that we colored, cut out and taped onto popsicle sticks.  We poked little holes in the bottom of styrofoam cups so the groundhog can "hide" in his burrow, and pop out to see his shadow.  The little poem is hard to see, but it says:

         I'm a little groundhog, furry and brown
         See me pop up while I look around
         If I see my shadow, down I'll go
         Six more weeks of winter, oh no!

I got this idea from pinterest--the children made groundhog cuties and placed them on the chart below to make their prediction before Groundhog's Day.  They are adorable!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your name with your comments!