Monday, February 11, 2013

Up, Down and All Around





There are so many books to read when we talk about position, location words and directions.  I love to start with Caps for Sale, and then include somewhere later Up, Down and All Around and 10 Little Rubber Ducks (also good for ordinal numbers).  To help us today with positionality (sounds like a good word, even if it's not a real word for it!), I used our puppet Owly and moved him around the room.  I got Owly a long time ago from Ikea and am so excited to use him!  The children identified where he was, and then we played "Owly says--" our version of Simon Says with moving our bodies left, right, arms above, below, etc.

If I did this project again, I would find some cute goat stickers so we could turn our collages into The Three Billy Goats Gruff! But without goats, we used foam stickers in our first names and positioned them around bridge collages according to our directions: first letter on the left, last letter on the right, one letter above and one letter below the bridge.  I love giving the childen paper collage materials, and I had some fun shiny blue paper, along with some sushi grass to add to the fun!


















0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your name with your comments!