Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day


We made wonderful handprint pots with poems for Mothers' Day.  I got the idea from my daughter's daycare and loved it.  My assistant had the idea for the adorable little dragonflies/butterflies above the flowers, which add another beautiful touch of color.

I will post a link to the poem here tomorrow (on the drive at school) so it will be easier to read.


We read Mommy, You're the Best (But Sister, You're a Pest) by Dianne DeGroat.  I also love reading A Chair for my Mother by Vera Williams for Mother's Day.  We collectively created an acrostic poem for MOTHER and added it to tulip cards.  I had access to some extra silver tissue paper and ribbon, which the students used to wrap their poem flowerpots.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your name with your comments!